Favorite Book Store: Half Price Books


One of the things I have trouble finding around here are hole in the wall used bookstores. When I started looking, all the places I found were run down and out of business which made me real sad! But there's a franchise called Half Price Books which I discovered and now I'm obsessed. They are huge used book stores that sell everything from overstocked stationary, used movies, cds and records. And their book selection is like Barnes and Noble, but everything's used. I love used books and I have quite a collection now. Plus I teach 2nd grade and I have at least 200 kids books all bought from thrift stores. Books are expensive and I'm more about getting as many good ones as I can get rather than worrying about the crisp new covers. However, when I really can't find a book I want or it's a new release, I have to buy it new, but it's frustrating to me. I love bargain shopping. I hate name brand stuff because I'm more of a vintage shopper and one of a kind stuff. Anyway, Half Price Books. The cool thing about this store is that I try to rotate which ones I go to because each one has a different selection because their stuff is used. If you haven't heard of this store before, check it out. It rules. Oh, P.S. if you are a teacher, make sure you get teacher discount cards at all of your book stores--they're discounts on anything you buy. And if you know a teacher, make them go along with you so you can use them for your discount...

http://www.halfpricebooks.com/find_a_store.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...