Book Signing: Emily Giffin






I went to the Emily Giffin book signing in Dallas (my first ever!) and it was so much fun! I even walked into the store at the same time as Emily and with a goofy smile said, "I'm actually here to see you!" So I got to meet her before the event and when she started her speech she announced, "Where's Amy? She's my new friend!" And I waved it was nerdy awesome! I got my book signed, her first Something Borrowed and she gave me two pins that are really cute.

I finished reading her newest book, Heart of the Matter, which was SO good and different from her others. I love her five books because they are funny and thought-provoking. And she pulls it off well. She is the only author whose books I read in 2-3 days. Anyway, I went on her blog (see the side panel to visit) and she had listed off some books and authors she recommended so I thought it would be fun to give you a summer reading list:

Emily Giffin recommends:
  • Pieces of Happily Ever After by Irene Zutell
  • The One That I Want by Allison Winn Scotch
  • After You by Julie Buxbaum
  • Brenda Janowitz (friend)
  • Jen Lancaster
  • Gimmie a Call by Sarah Mlynowski (young adult)
  • Thirteen Plus One by Lauren Myrade (YA)
  • A Soft Place to Land by Susan Rebecca White
  • Bound South by Susan Rebecca White
Recommended by her fans:
  • A Bump in the Road by Maureen Lipinski
  • The Hunger Games Trilogy (YA)
  • The Inn at Lake Devine by Elinor Lipman
  • Katherine Center
  • Sarah Dessen
  • Lauren Oliver (YA)
  • Jessica Darling Series by Megan McCafferty
  • The Killing Tree by Rachel Keener

2 comments:

  1. You look great! Glad you are enjoying your summer!
    kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool that she pointed you out:) Too funny! I'm just sitting around waiting for a baby to come out so I think I can find some recipes to post to keep me busy...I'll go looking:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...