To Have and to Hold by Jane Green, Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris, Faith of Our Fathers by Lynn Austin, Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury

To Have and to Hold by Jane Green was not thought provoking, but just a quick read. I started it on an airplane and left it behind. It's kind of trashy, but I figured I was halfway done, I had to rebuy it and finish it. Very entertaining, quick summer read. By one of my favorite authors. 4/5


Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris. This was my replacement book on the ride home because I lost my Jane Green book. I've heard about David Sedaris and seen his stuff around so I thought I needed to check him out. This book is a collection of anecdotes from his life. I liked the stories about his childhood and family dynamics, but I was bored with his college/artistic/drug years. Sinister sense of humor, I enjoyed it, but probably not enough to read his other stuff. I do know a lot of people that LOVE his work though. 3/5
Faith of Our Fathers by Lynn Austin is book 4 in the Chronicles of the King Series I've been reading for over a year now. I need to go out and get the 5th one to finish off the series. I have to be in the mood to read Historical Fiction, but I really get a lot out of these when I do read them. This book covered the life of King Hezekiah's son, King Manasseh. Hezekiah was a good king, while his son was one of the most evil kings of his time. He gets into witchcraft and becomes paranoid of everyone around him, betraying his closest friends. This book took off and I finished it quickly. Love this series based on Biblical histories. 4.5/5
Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury has always been in the back of my mind to read ever since I was a little girl. I saw part of the movie on tv one time and it scared me so I never finished it. I also read Fahrenheit 451 in middle school and loved it so I had to check this one out. I read it as an audio book on the way to work for awhile. It got preachy in parts, as Bradbury tends to do, but I enjoyed that it was a classic from the 60's. It's about two boys Will and Jim who discover evil lurking in the carnival that has come to town. After I read it, I had to rent the movie that scared me when I was little. Turns out it was PG and Disney =) The movie was cheesy, but accurate for the book. 3.5/5

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...