My Week With Marilyn: Movie Review


I've always been intrigued by the story of Marilyn Monroe and her struggle with depression while living a life as a world famous actress.  This movie takes a peek into her life while filming in London.  It is a supposedly true story based on a diary written by a man named Collin Clark who worked behind the scenes on the movie.  I especially liked the movie because I had read The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe by J. Randy Taraborrelli, which was a compilation of interviews and research to create the most accurate account of her life.  The movie addressed various things I had read in the book: her tendency to be late, her panic attacks, movie companies aiding her pill addictions to keep her under their control, her possessive acting coach Paula--among other things that would give away the movie.  This movie focused on a sweet boy who fell for her and wanted to rescue her from the destructive world she lived in.  I thought Michelle Williams was excellent.  Watch it if you like: Some Like it Hot or The Notebook.   5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...