The Book Thief by Markus Zusak


The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
This book tells the story of Liesel, a little girl living in Germany during the rule of Hitler.  It is a teen fiction book, but is told from the perspective of the angel of death.  At first I wasn't sure I wanted to read it because of that, but it ended up making the story more unique.  I had read books about Jewish families during WWII, but not one that portrayed the Germans that stayed behind and lived in Hitler's world.  This was probably the best book I read all year.  I just found out that the book is also a movie that is out right now in select theaters, so I've got to find a babysitter so I can go see it!  This is a    heart-breaking, hopeful, passionate book about the human condition and I couldn't put it down.  Must read for anyone who enjoys historical fiction. Read if you liked Number the Stars by Lois Lowry or The Diary of Anne Frank.  5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...